Destination Australia scholarships are an Australian Government initiative to attract and support Australian and international students to study in regional Australia at quality tertiary education providers.
Sunraysia Institute of TAFE has prestigious Destination Australia scholarships to award to new international students commencing at the Mildura campus in 2021 which are valued at up to $15,000 per year.
To be eligible for one of SuniTAFE’s Destination Australia scholarships you must:
• be commencing a new course at SuniTAFE
• be a full-time student studying on campus
• apply for, and then commence, a Certificate IV or Diploma course at SuniTAFE in 2021
• live in the Mildura or surrounding area for the duration of the scholarship
• be granted, and maintain, a student visa for the duration of the course for which the scholarship is offered
SuniTAFE will shortlist, interview and select scholarship recipients who are eligible and demonstrate one or more of the key selection criteria:
1. Academic merit – last two years of high school scores or the academic results of the highest qualification obtained (graduation or interim) and/or results from other academic studies
2. Community service and involvement – leadership experience, extra-curricular activities, volunteering or other service to the community
In order to accept and take up the Destination Australia Scholarship, successful applicants must:
1. Accept the offer to study at SuniTAFE and pay the nominated tuition deposit fee
2. Be granted a student visa for the duration of the course for which they receive the scholarship
3. Commence studies at SuniTAFE on the course start date and maintain enrolment in that course for the duration of the scholarship
4. Have an Australian bank account
5. Participate in survey and evaluation processes related to the Destination Australia scholarship program
Scholarships will be deemed not taken up (not accepted) if the above conditions are not met and the scholarship will be reallocated to another eligible student.
Please note that due to current travel restrictions for travel to Australia only international students currently located in Australia will be considered for the Destination Australia Scholarships for 2021.
Scholarship monies will be deposited directly into the recipient’s Australian bank account.
Students, or their agents, must submit the Scholarship Application Form as well as a complete International Student Application to study at SuniTAFE commencing in 2021 by 11.59pm Monday 31 May 2021.
Tuesday 1 – Friday 4 June 2021
SuniTAFE will shortlist the scholarship applications and advise shortlisted candidates of the interview date.
Monday 7 – Thursday 10 June 2021
SuniTAFE will interview shortlisted candidates by video call.
Wednesday 16 June 2021
SuniTAFE will advise successful applicants of the next steps to take up the scholarship.
Where successful applicants do not take up their scholarship, the Destination Australia scholarship may be reallocated to another student that meets the criteria.
1. Submit a complete application to study at Sunraysia Institute of TAFE (please ensure you submit all the required documents)
2. Lodge the International Student Scholarship Application Form to
Download the International Student Scholarship application form here.
For more information about the Destination Australia scholarships available for international students at SuniTAFE, please contact us on email@example.com.