Supporting high needs learners to re-engage and succeed in their employment, education & training.
The Reconnect program strives to support Victorians experiencing disadvantage. The program assists participants to overcome the barriers preventing them from engaging in education and training and provides support into further study or employment pathways.
How it works
The Reconnect program is driven largely by support and encouragement. Once eligibility has been confirmed, participants can expect to:
- Have their learning and non-learning needs and career goals assessed, and an agreed learning plan developed
- Receive support to commence and stay in vocational education and training at a provider that best suits thier needs
- Be able to access supervised workplace experience to increase their employability, and
- Receive ongoing support as they transition to employment or further training
- Receive some assistance towards fees for an agreed accredited course
Who can access Skills First Reconnect
Learners referred to Skills First Reconnect must:
- Be 17 to 19 years of age and not in engaged in education or training for six months of more, and not currently enrolled at school; or
- Be aged between 20 to 64 and unemployed for six months of more (working less than 8 hours per weeks) and not engaged in education or training for six months or more (studying less than 8 hours per week); or
- Young people impacted by the Justice system, aged 17 - 24 years, who have been, or are currently on Youth Justice Orders
- A person without citizenship but holds a valid: Bridging Visa Class E (BVE); Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV); or Temporary Protection Visa (TPV).
Applications are also encouraged by the following equity groups
- Parents returning to work
- Indigenous Australians
- People with a disability
- People with low literacy and numeracy
- People involved in the Justice System
- Young mothers
- Highly marginalised groups such as drug and alcohol dependants or homeless
Please call 1300 478 648 and ask to speak to one of our friendly Reconnect team members or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for the 2021 Skills First Reconnect Program is being provided by the Victorian Government, through the Department of Education and Training.