|Location||Swan Hill campus|
|Category||Student Support Services|
|Reference Code||Job reference 237|
We are seeking enthusiastic, suitably qualified professionals for the role of Participation Assistant at the Swan Hill campus.
Under the direction of the Disability Coordinator – Student Support services, the Participation Assistant will assist students with a disability to be able to undertake further education and have the same educational opportunities in accordance with Institute policy, which reflects the current Disability Standards for Education, Disability Discrimination Act and Equal Opportunity Act.
The role of the Participation Assistant is to assist a student to participate in and benefit from classroom activities. This role will vary, depending on the specific needs of the individual student and may take the form of one or a combination of the key responsibilities.
Key Selection Criteria
- The ability to engage students in a sensitive and supportive manner is essential.
- Experience in the disability, wellbeing or counselling areas would be beneficial, but not
- Demonstrated experience working with people who have a disability.
- Experience in an educational environment will be viewed highly.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise with a diverse cohort to ascertain individual needs and advise on ongoing support needs
The successful candidate will be required to provide:
- A successful criminal record check which is less than 6 months old
- A working with children check; and
- A COVID-19 digital vaccination certificate indicating a minimum of two vaccinations
This position is open to Australian residents only or those with current working rights in Australia.
How to apply
Candidates are always encouraged to apply for positions that match their particular skill set. When you are applying for a position at SuniTAFE you will need to supply the following information:
A current resume – demonstrating where you have worked and what you have done, be sure to include your:
- Professional references
- Copies of current qualifications – relating to the role you are applying for
- A document addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description
- For assistance addressing Key Selection Criteria please visit the Recruitment Process page on the SuniTAFE website.
Please download the full position description here
Download Full Description
Sunraysia Institute of TAFE (SuniTAFE) is a child safe organisation that is committed to the safety of children and young people. Please read SuniTAFE's Commitment to Child Safety.