Teacher – Irrigation/Horticulture
We have the opportunity for a self-motivated Horticultural Irrigation Teacher to join SuniTAFE and work in a great team environment.
The position will be located at the Institute’s Mildura campus. Under supervision, the appointee will be required to contribute to planning, marketing, teaching and assessing Irrigation qualifications ranging from Certificate I through to Diploma level. The appointee will work closely with the Educational Business Manager – Industries and Education Business Unit colleagues to ensure these programs are structured around client demand in Mildura and the surrounding regions.
|Published||June 20, 2019|
|Job Type||Full Time|
In this position you will:
- Teach and assess students
- Meet registered RTO Standards & Contractual Requirements
- Provide student support
- Take part in Commercial activities
- Act in accordance with SuniTAFE values
The position requires:
- All SuniTAFE teaching positions require the possession of a Certificate IV Training & Assessment (TAE40116), however suitably qualified applicants with a willingness to obtain this qualification may be appointed and provided with assistance to complete the Certificate.
- Minimum of three years professional industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach in the delivery area at tertiary and higher education level is desirable.
- Well-developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency standards required.
- Highly developed organisation skills, which provide the ability to deal with tight timelines and conflicting demands.
How to ApplyCandidates are always encouraged to apply for positions that match their particular skill set. When you are applying for a position at SuniTAFE you will need to supply the following information:
- A cover letter – tell us a bit about yourself and your experiences
- A current resume – demonstrating where you have worked and what you have done, be sure to include your professional references
- Copies of current qualifications – relating to the role you are applying for
- A document addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description
- For assistance addressing Key Selection Criteria please visit the how to apply page on the Victorian Government Careers website.
Please download the full position description here
Download Full Description