We acknowledge that the COVID-19 pandemic is of concern to our entire SuniTAFE community, and want to keep you updated of advice and information relevant to your studies here.
SuniTAFE remains open and classes will continue to operate.
If you are feeling unwell, are in self-isolation or are worried about coming to campus, please stay at home and let your teacher know. If you do come to class, be sure to practice social distancing and good hygiene.
Term 2 will recommence on Tuesday 14 April as planned, unless otherwise advised.
While SuniTAFE remains open, we ask that you contact us via phone or email and avoid unnecessary visits to our campus.
Plans for Disruptions to Current Training
Teaching staff have been working hard to develop flexible remote learning alternatives to minimise potential disruption to studies and help students to continue their studies. We understand that this may not be possible for all students, and we ask students to keep in contact with their teachers because each course or training program will have its own appropriate solution to remote learning.
Some of the measures we have been implementing and planning include:
- Moving more units to Moodle on SuniConnect to enable students to study remotely and access materials and teacher support online.
- Providing students with more workbooks than usual so additional study can be started without attending classes.
- Looking at how we can utilise technology such as Moodle, Zoom videoconferencing or Microsoft Teams to undertake assessments and engage with students.
New Applications and Enrolments
We continue to receive and process applications and enrolments from people wishing to take up study or training at SuniTAFE.
Events on Campus
All events due to take place on campus before 1 June 2020 have been postponed or cancelled in order to comply with social distancing requirements.
Staff Travel and Off-campus Activities
Off-campus activities such as employer visits or assessments are all being reviewed carefully and where possible alternative arrangements are being made.
What is SuniTAFE doing?
- Established a Pandemic Response Group which is monitoring the latest Government advice on a daily basis and implementing our response in line with our Pandemic Response Procedure.
- All students who are feeling unwell are requested to stay at home until the symptoms pass. Teachers are to ask unwell students to go home.
- Increased cleaning rounds of public areas at all campuses effective from 16 March.
- Installed additional hand sanitiser dispensers in February 2020.
- Additional hygiene posters were put up in February 2020.
- Postponing or cancelling all events on campus.
- Postponing or cancelling all excursions.
- Identifying flexible alternatives to minimise potential disruption to classes and help students to continue their studies.
- Communicating with students via their teachers and the SuniTAFE website.
Please refer to the following websites for more information:
Department of Health and Human Services
Department of Education and Training