SuniTAFE remains open however the way we operate has had to adapt to the current climate. We are asking students, prospective students and the public not to come to campus unless you have an appointment.
Publish Date,: 31 March 2020
While SuniTAFE remains open, we no longer have students attending classes on campus and the majority of our staff are now working from home. Therefore we ask that you contact us via phone or email and avoid unnecessary visits to our campus.
New Applications and Enrolments
We continue to receive and process applications and enrolments from people wishing to take up study or training at SuniTAFE. You can apply online and also complete your enrolment form by email or post.
Plans for Remote Learning
Teaching staff have been working hard to develop flexible remote learning alternatives to minimise potential disruption to studies and help students to continue their studies. We understand that this may not be possible for all students, and we ask students to keep in contact with their teachers because each course or training program will have its own appropriate solution to remote learning.
Some of the measures we have been implementing and planning include:
- Moving more units to Moodle on SuniConnect to enable students to study remotely and access materials and teacher support online.
- Providing students with more workbooks than usual so additional study can be started without attending classes.
- Looking at how we can utilise technology such as Moodle, Zoom videoconferencing or Microsoft Teams to undertake assessments and engage with students.
What is SuniTAFE doing?
- Established a Pandemic Response Group which is monitoring the latest Government advice on a daily basis and implementing our response in line with our Pandemic Response Procedure.
- No students on campus for classes from Monday 30 March.
- Practicing social distancing on campus.
- Facilitating staff to be able to work from home.
- Implementing flexible alternatives to minimise potential disruption to classes and help students to continue their studies wherever possible.
- Increased cleaning rounds of public areas at all campuses effective from 16 March.
- Installed additional hand sanitiser dispensers in February 2020.
- Additional hygiene posters were put up in February 2020.
- Postponed or cancelled all events on campus.
- Postponed or cancelled all excursions.
- Communicating with students via their teachers and the SuniTAFE website.
Please refer to the following websites for more information:
Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
Victorian Department of Education