Students are able to receive supports and reasonable adjustments, in consultation with their teachers, to their course to enable them to participate at a similar level to students without a disability.
If you have one of the following disabilities you may be eligible for extra support from the Disability Liaison Advisor (DLA) to help complete your chosen study.
- Physical disability
- Mental health condition
- Visual or hearing impairment
- Intellectual disability
- Learning disability
- Medical or neurological condition
The DLA can help by providing:
- support to enroll in your chosen course
- reasonable adjustments to support your learning,
- Liaison with teachers or assessors
- Adaptive technology eg. Read & Write TextHelp, ergonomic equipment, software for Vision impairment, eg. ZoomText, Easy listener system for Hearing impairment, and advice and referral.
- Orientation to campus life
- Tutorial assistance
- Classroom participation assistance
- Alternative formatting
- Counseling for disability issues
Please contact the DLA as soon as possible to ensure that your adjustments are provided in a reasonable time frame.
Assistance is available for apprentices and trainees through the Disabled Australian Apprentice Wage Support and Assistance for Tutorial, Mentor and Interpreter Services (formerly known as DAAWS). The scheme helps provide tutorial, mentor and interpreter support to apprentices and trainees. It can provide practical assistance to the person with disability with off-the-job training components and financial incentives to prospective employers. The DLA works with the apprentice or trainee to provide the most appropriate support for their disability.
The DLA in Mildura provides supports for students at the Mildura and Robinvale campuses. Please contact Janet Nunn on 03 5022 3629 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DLA in Swan Hill provides supports for students at Swan Hill Campus. Please contact Moya Phillips on 03 5032 0225 or email@example.com.