University pathways

University pathways

If you are an Australian resident, your SuniTAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma may be recognised by for advanced standing in a higher education course.

Completing any of our Cert IV Creative Arts courses will guarantee you entry into La Trobe University’s Bachelor of Creative Arts at our shared Mildura location.

We have dual enrolment programs combining our Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, Diploma of Community Services and Diploma of Nursing with related courses at La Trobe University at our shared Mildura location. These programs can lead to Bachelor’s and Masters’ degrees at La Trobe.


The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care can combine with La Trobe’s Bachelor of Early Learning.


The Diploma of Community Services can combine with La Trobe’s Bachelor of Community Services. This combination can also lead to a La Trobe Bachelor of Human Services and Master of Social Work.


The Diploma of Nursing can combine with La Trobe’s Bachelor of Healthcare, which can lead to a La Trobe Bachelor of Nursing.

The Diploma of Accounting or Advanced Diploma of Accounting can lead into a La Trobe business or accounting degree.

The Advanced Diploma of Management is a step towards completing the Bachelor of Applied Management (in association with Federation University Australia) at our Mildura Campus.

The Diploma of Information Technology Networking can lead into a La Trobe Bachelor of Information Technology.

The Diploma of Conservation and Land Management  can lead into a degree at the University of MelbourneLa Trobe University or Federation University Australia.

If you would like to start a Diploma or degree, but are not sure if you’re ready yet, consider the FirsTEP program at our Swan Hill Campus. This course will develop your reading, writing, maths, professional communication and computer literacy to levels expected in Diploma or degree study. Other essential skills such as time management, reading for meaning, writing academic texts, research, and presentation of data/information and oral communication are also developed. FirsTEP runs in partnership with La Trobe University.

More domestic student articulation agreement information:

International students should contact our International Student Unit for information about how they can best enter a university course after they graduate from SuniTAFE.

Students should note that granting of academic credit with different institutions may differ, and in most cases needs to be confirmed by the student with the tertiary institution. Students should also note that granting of academic credit is based on the student’s individual achievement and on the mix of units studied during their SuniTAFE course.

Graduating SuniTAFE students enrolling with a university partner may be eligible for a scholarship. More information is available on the pathways scholarships page.

Send us a message

Your name (required)

Your email address (required)

Your phone number (required)


Your message


What are the characters above? (required)