SuniTAFE's Commitment to Child Safety
The Sunraysia Institute of TAFE as a Child Safe organisation, is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children and young people under the age of 18 years through the following measures:
- Through zero tolerance of child abuse and actively responding, investigating and reporting all allegations of child abuse or harm;
- By all staff taking a preventative and proactive approach to child safety;
- By actively listening, encouraging and valuing children, young people and families’ opinions or concerns;
- Through policies, procedures and systems in place to manage child related risks, and protect them from all forms of abuse including electronic communication.
- Through the provision of regular training and education for all staff regarding Child Safe Standards and mandatory reporting requirements.
- Through the promotion of safety of all children including the cultural safety for First Nations children, children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and by providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
Disability Liaison Coordinator
- Student Wellbeing Officer
Swan Hill Campus
Team Leader Student Support Services
- Student Wellbeing & Disability Advisor
Child Safety Officers can be contacted by contacting the Team Leader Student Support Services on: 0447 951 233
Koorie Support Officer can be contacted on the following numbers:
Mildura Campus: 03 5022 3728
Swan Hill Campus: 03 5036 0220