ELICOS Upper Intermediate (075452G)
- IELTS 5.0 or equivalent, 29-35 PTE Academic, 35-45 TOEFL iBT or previous study at B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Extensive prior English language learning
Expected indicative exit level for ELICOS Upper Intermediate:
- IELTS 5.5
Students studying Upper Intermediate may be eligible to transfer to their chosen SuniTAFE course, provided they successfully complete the course and meet the minimum English language entry requirements.
Course cost: $2500 per 10 weeks
This course leads to entry into a Certificate or Diploma course at SuniTAFE with an English entry requirement of IELTS 5.5.
- Reading: Identify audience, register and purpose, Scan text for main ideas and sequence information, Identify a range of discourse markers, organisation of text and links between paragraphs, Outline any opinions expressed or implied meaning.
- Writing: Use language, conventions, and content appropriate and relevant to the purpose of the text, Plan, draft and proofread to structure and sequence an extended text, Use a range of commonly recognised methods of recording information from a written and/or oral text.
- Listening: Identify structure, style, tone and register, Interpret gist, inferred meaning, opinions and/or attitudes in the text, Identify common idiomatic expressions as appropriate.
- Speaking: Use expressions and conventions to open, close and initiate conversations, State the purpose and use cohesive devices to give a set of instructions or directions, Initiate a transaction that involves some complexity, Provide detailed explanations and expressions of feelings, opinions and reservations.
Assessment Evidence Requirements:
A minimum of three pieces of evidence for each unit. Each piece of evidence should be from a different genre or context.