Disability Support Services
If you have one of the following disabilities you may be eligible for extra support from the Disability Liaison Advisor (DLA) to help you complete your chosen course:
- Physical disability
- Mental health condition
- Visual or hearing impairment
- Intellectual disability
- Learning disability
- Medical or neurological condition
The DLA can help by providing:
- Support when you enrol in your chosen course;
- Reasonable adjustments to support your learning;
- Liaison with teachers or assessors;
- Adaptive technology, such as Read & Write TextHelp, ergonomic equipment, software for Vision Impairment;
- Advice and referral;
- Orientation to campus life;
- Tutorial assistance;
- Classroom participation assistance;
- Alternative formatting; and
- Counseling for disability issues.
Apprentice & Trainee Disability Support
Assistance is available for apprentices and trainees through the Disabled Australian Apprentice Wage Support and Assistance for Tutorial, Mentor and Interpreter Services (formerly known as DAAWS). The scheme helps provide tutorial, mentor and interpreter support to apprentices and trainees. It can also provide practical assistance to the person with a disability with off-the-job training components and financial incentives to prospective employers. The DLA works with the apprentice or trainee to provide the most appropriate support for their disability.
Contact SuniTAFE Disability Liaison Officers
The DLA in Mildura provides support for students at the Mildura Campus.
Please contact Janet Nunn on 03 5022 3629 or email@example.com.
The DLA in Swan Hill provides support for students at Swan Hill Campus.
Please contact Moya Phillips on 03 5032 0225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.