Destination Australia scholarships are an Australian Government initiative to attract and support Australian and international students to study in regional Australia at quality tertiary education providers.
Sunraysia Institute of TAFE has four prestigious Destination Australia scholarships to award to new international students commencing Certificate IV in Kitchen Management at the Mildura campus in 2023 which are valued at up to $22,500 per year ($7,500 per semester).
To be eligible for one of SuniTAFE’s Destination Australia scholarships you must:
• be a new student commencing the Certificate IV in Kitchen Management at SuniTAFE in April or July 2023
• be a full-time student studying on campus
• apply for, and then commence, the Certificate IV in Kitchen Management at SuniTAFE in April or July 2023
• live in the Mildura or surrounding area for the duration of the scholarship
• be granted, and maintain, a student visa for the duration of the course for which the scholarship is offered
Please note, applicants located outside of australia must submit as application to study via a SuniTAFE approved education agent.
Destination Australia – an Australian Government initiative.
SuniTAFE will shortlist, interview and select scholarship recipients who are eligible and demonstrate one or more of the key selection criteria:
1. Academic merit – last two years of high school scores or the academic results of the highest qualification obtained (graduation or interim) and/or results from other academic studies
2. Community service and involvement – leadership experience, extra-curricular activities, volunteering or other service to the community
In order to accept and take up the Destination Australia Scholarship, successful applicants must:
1. Accept the offer to study at SuniTAFE and pay the nominated tuition deposit fee
2. Be granted a student visa for the duration of the course for which they receive the scholarship
3. Commence studies at SuniTAFE on the course start date and maintain enrolment in that course for the duration of the scholarship
4. Have an Australian bank account
5. Participate in survey and evaluation processes related to the Destination Australia scholarship program
Scholarships will be deemed not taken up (not accepted) if the above conditions are not met and the scholarship will be reallocated to another eligible student.
DISBURSEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP MONIES
Scholarship monies will be deposited directly into the recipient’s Australian bank account in three instalments, one after the course has been commenced and then every 6 months after until all paments are completed.
Students, or their agents, must submit the Scholarship Application Form as well as a complete International Student Application to study at SuniTAFE commencing in 2023 by the following dates.
For courses commencing Monday 24 April 2023:
For courses commencing Monday 10 July 2023:
Where successful applicants do not take up their scholarship, the Destination Australia scholarship may be reallocated to another student that meets the criteria.
1. Submit a complete application to study at Sunraysia Institute of TAFE (please ensure you submit all the required documents)
2. Lodge the International Student Scholarship Application Form to
Please note, applicants located outside of Australia must submit an application to study via a SuniTAFE approved education agent.
Download the International Student Scholarship application form here.
For more information about the Destination Australia scholarships available for international students at SuniTAFE, please contact us on email@example.com.