Location and hours
The Gambetta Library is located at our Mildura Campus, in Building A on level 1, upstairs from the canteen and student hub area.
Our regular opening hours are Monday to Thursday 8.15 am – 6 pm and Friday 8.15 am to 5 pm. During term break, the hours are Monday to Thursday 8.15 am – 5 pm and Friday 8.15 am – 4 pm. The Bookshop is also located in the Library.
From March to May and from August to October, the library is typically open from 1 – 5 pm on Sundays. The Bookshop and Printroom are not open on Sundays. Please contact us for Sunday opening details.
What you will find in the Library
We provide information and resources to support the teaching and learning of SuniTAFE, La Trobe University and Federation University staff and students.
- Books, journals and magazines, newspapers, DVDs and other resources
- Online resources, full-text journal & newspaper databases, MIMS medical database
- Recreational reading materials – novels, popular magazines and movie DVDs
- Study areas – large study desks for group work, individual study desks for silent study, group study rooms
- Computer room & laptops with web connection
- Audio-visual and special needs equipment (eligible students only)
- Multifunction colour photocopier/printer/scanner
- Essay writing, referencing and internet skills sessions
Members of the general public are also welcome to access the Library as Community Members.
Members of the public can use the services of the Library by becoming a Community Member of the Library.
Year 11 and 12 teachers and students (and Year 10 students completing a Year 11 or 12 subject) can receive a free community membership if they complete an appropriate form.
For other people the cost of membership is $55 ($33 concession) for 12 months, or $27.50 ($16.50) for 6 months (inc GST).
Students from other tertiary institutes are eligible for concession rates with proof of current enrolment.
- Library - Sunday Openings Posted on: June 17, 2016